Guest Author: Cathy Maxwell



My special guest author today was a guest at the Australian Romance Readers Conference in 2013. She is a NY Times and USA Today Best-selling author who has been a news broadcaster, worked in naval intelligence (including a tour with the US Pentagon), and a costume designer for theatre productions. These days, she writes wonderful historical romances whose characters leap off the pages and seem so real they could be in the room with us as we read.

Of course, I am introducing the wonderful, Cathy Maxwell, who is currently writing the Spinster Heiress books (published by Avon). I have been a huge fan of Cathy’s books ever since I read her “A seduction at Christmas” about a decade ago, and her novel, “A Match Made in Bed" is at the top of my TBR pile.


 I caught up with Cathy again recently at RT18 in Reno, and she very kindly agreed to be on my Guest author blog.  

Hi Cathy and welcome to the Quick Author Quizzing! It's such a pleasure to have you as my guest.

Hi, Alyssa. It is fun to be here.

First of all, I'd love to hear about your latest release and whether it posed any particular challenges to write.

Okay! Challenges—yes, always. Every book. I keep thinking it will   get easier and it doesn't.                                                                            
My latest release is A MATCH MADE IN BED. The particular challenge with that book was that it quickly became the heroine’s story.  I like a balance between hero and heroine, but Cassandra was the one who needed the most growth.  She left a protected life only to learn that nothing was the way she thought it was. She was betrayed by those closest to her. While my trust was not betrayed, I remember that “ah ha” moment in my life.  It came when I realized that who I was to become was up to me, so I’d best get on with it.

It always amazes me that as authors, we can sit down with an idea in mind, but how the characters will simply take over so they truly make the story their own. It sounds as though that's exactly what Cassandra did!

What is next for you as an author? 

DUKE THAT I MARRY will be out November 27. It will finished the “Spinster Heiresses” series which includes IF EVER I SHOULD LOVE YOU and A MATCH MADE IN BED.

                             

            Away from writing...I know you love to travel and you say you travel light. 
In your travels around the world, which place rates as your favourite?            

Every place I visit stands out in my mind.  I loved the spirit and people of Australia when I was 
there.  I felt as if there wasn’t anything I couldn’t do or be from this angle of the world.  Peru 
opened my eyes to the economic and creative power of South America.  India was like jumping 
into a humming mainstream of life.  And I am always ready to return to Scotland and England. 

I've just returned from Peru. It was our second visit and I loved it all over again. 
Which place is now the top of your travel wish list?  

Summer of 2019, I’m heading to Paris and Berlin. I studied in Paris when I was sixteen so I’m 
            anxious to return. missed seeing all the details because, well, I was sixteen. As for Berlin, it  has 
             been on my bucket list forever.  
 I will be visiting both places to hang with Romance readers as I did in Australia. 
            By the way, the Australian Readers Conference is tops.

            I hope you have a wonderful time playing tourist and meeting readers. I'm sure you'll see lots of changes 
            when you visit Paris. 
.

In all the highlights of your writing career, is there one moment that stands out for you?  

The pinnacle of my career was giving the keynote at the Romance Writers of American conference.  It was a 
true honor.  

Lovely to chat with you Cathy.

You may find out more about Cathy on her websitewww.cathymaxwell.com   

I hope you'll join me for a quick quizzing of my next guest author, Marie Force, on Saturday August 4th. Until then, Happy Reading!
Best wishes,
             Alyssa J. Montgomery



Alyssa J. Montgomery      www.alyssajmontgomery.com

_____________________________________________________________________________________

About the Blogger:
Alyssa J. Montgomery is an Australian contemporary romance author who is published by Escape Publishing (Harlequin Enterprises, Australia). She also 
writes medieval romance as Alyssa James,




 

Comments

  1. I will never forget Cathy when she was over here in Australia I got the privilege to sit with Cathy for the dinner and I do love her stories although I must confess that I am behind in them and need to catch up

    Have Fun

    Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author: Tina DeSalvo

Guest Author: Jane Porter

Guest Author: Madeline Hunter