Guest Author: Clare Connelly

I have the pleasure of hosting a fellow Australian contemporary romance author on the blog today who has made a successful career in publishing, both with her Harlequin novels and those she’s self-published. Frequently hitting the best-seller list on the Amazon charts, she writes “romance that sets your soul on fire” and has been leaving romance readers breathless and emotionally satisfied since her first book, The Italian Billionaire’s Betrayal, was published back in May of 2014. It was in 2016 that she signed a multi-book deal with Harlequin Presents, and she now has more than 15 Harlequin titles, which is quite a few books in such a short period!

  

It is my pleasure to welcome Clare Connelly as my guest author on the blog today. 

First, would you mind telling us about your latest release and whether or not it posed any particular challenges to you as you wrote it?
Cross my Hart, the first book in The Notorious Harts series has just been released. It’s a Mills & Boon Dare, which is a super sexy imprint, so the book is loaded with emotional tension and sensual heat. Honesty, this book was a delight to write. I adored Jagger and Grace and felt their connection from the very first page. They each had a really clear emotional crisis and the path to overcoming it was messy and beautiful. I love it – I wish every book was as fun to write!
You’ve been very successful in blending your indie publishing with your publishing contracts with Harlequin and I’m a little in awe of your productivity given that you still have a fairly young family. What’s your golden nugget of advice to aspiring authors?
Don’t think about your schedule! If I put too much thought into how many books I have due in a relatively short space of time, I’d likely have a panic attack. The trick is for each book I write to be the only book I care about, at that point. Those characters and their story become one hundred per cent real to me, so that I can’t wait to dive into the book each day, or each night – whenever I can find the time, really. 
You met your husband when you were seventeen and spent ten years travelling together before you married. Where did you travel?
We lived in London so were based out of the UK. Most of our travel was through Europe though he did win us three holidays to America one year (by drinking beer, ha!).
You were born and raised in Australia and spent ten years travelling with your husband before you married. You’re raising your children in Australia but do you have any particular places overseas where you’d love to take your children to visit?
So many places! They’re studying Japanese at school, so that’s high on the list. The culture’s so beautiful, and they’d love to stop in at Tokyo Disney, I’m sure. I was recently in New York and couldn’t stop thinking how much they’d have loved it. Travelling gives such great life skills, whether it’s a road trip to a campsite or an overseas adventure to a new culture, you learn to be tolerant, curious and patient. My kids could do with some of those lessons..!
What’s been the best thing about being an author?
This is my dream job! I get to tell stories – and people read them! Knowing I can do this for a job is an ongoing ‘pinch me’ scenario. It’s always nice to see great reviews or to sign new contracts but really, it’s the freedom to roll up my sleeves and keep telling stories. 
What’s next for you as an author?
I have my first Tule book released in October, a beautiful Christmas story that’s a bit of a diversion for me. I can’t wait to share it with my readers! I also have a duet out with Mills & Boon Modern, and these stories were beautiful and emotional to write. I’m looking forward to seeing them out on shelves!
 

Thanks again for being on the blog, Clare. I always keep an eye open for your books and have enjoyed those that I’ve read. Keep writing the stories we love to read!

If you would like to read more about Clare and her fabulous contemporary romance stories, please visit her website at: www.clareconnelly.com or follow Clare on social media @clarewriteslove


Thank you all for joining me on the blog today. I hope you'll join me next week for my guest author Pippa Roscoe.
Best wishes,
Alyssa

www.alyssajmontgomery.com

_____________________________________________________________________________



About the Blogger:

Alyssa J. Montgomery is an Australian contemporary romance author who is published by Escape Publishing (Harlequin Enterprises, Australia) and writes polished, passionate stories including the Royal Affairs Series and Billionaires & Babies series. 

Her latest release is Seduced by the Stranger (October 4th, 2019) is Book 2 of The Billionaires & Babies series - stand alone reads but with characters who reappear in the trilogy.

The Magic of Christmas is scheduled for release on November 12th (Escape Publishing, Harlequin Enterprises, Australia)

NEWS!!!! Alyssa's title: THE IRRESISTIBLE ROYAL is now available on a $1.99 price promotion for readers in the USA. The promotion is running from the 7th to the 21st of October. 


See Alyssa's website for a list and description of all her books or go to the Harper Collins site:  https://www.harpercollins.com.au/cr-149414/alyssa-j-montgomery/   .




You can read a sneak peek of SEDUCED BY THE STRANGER on the romance.com.au site. Here's the link:
https://www.romance.com.au/read-a-sne...

The romance.com.au also has a sneak peek of THE MAGIC OF CHRISTMAS.
https://www.romance.com.au/read-a-sne...

If you would like to subscribe to Alyssa's mailing list (sent out with each new release) please email her at alyssaj.montgomeryromance@gmail.com 


Alyssa also writes medieval romance under the pen name Alyssa James.


 









Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Guest Author: Tina DeSalvo

Guest Author: Jane Porter

Guest Author: Madeline Hunter